Megabass Mark 56

xgash

Hey guys looking to get a bit more info on the Mark 56. I want to get a shorter rod to throw tks, chads, and anything between the 1-3 oz range. 

Want to get the thoughts on the rod from the people who have used or use it,

Thanks

I got it on pre-order back when they first shipped and ended up selling it. It's an absolutely amazing rod but I much prefer 8ft rods now.

It's perfect for shorter, accurate casts. In reality it can easily handle 5oz with little effort. It has a deep bend perfect for trebles or even braid on topwater swimbaits. 

My only complaint on it was the shorter handle. But on a 7' 6" rod it makes since. I don't think you'll be disappointed. TT did a great review on it and even gave it the editors choice award. 

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewmegabassusp5f7576xmark56.html

1 hour ago, Dink whisperer said:

I got it on pre-order back when they first shipped and ended up selling it. It's an absolutely amazing rod but I much prefer 8ft rods now.

It's perfect for shorter, accurate casts. In reality it can easily handle 5oz with little effort. It has a deep bend perfect for trebles or even braid on topwater swimbaits. 

My only complaint on it was the shorter handle. But on a 7' 6" rod it makes since. I don't think you'll be disappointed. TT did a great review on it and even gave it the editors choice award. 

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewmegabassusp5f7576xmark56.html

Yeah I've read the article already and just wanted to get others opinion on the rod. I'm guessing most people have an issue with the length of the handle. I'll check the rod out when The Hook Up has some in stock in store.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 7:04 PM, xgash said:

Hey guys looking to get a bit more info on the Mark 56. I want to get a shorter rod to throw tks, chads, and anything between the 1-3 oz range. 

Want to get the thoughts on the rod from the people who have used or use it,

Thanks

Personally I would pick the cookai CK710EXHC over the mark 56.  Megabass missed the ball on the mark 56 with the shorter handle and should have made the rod more like the previous mark 48. The cookai is money for 4oz baits and below and very light for its length. 

• 2 months later...

I just picked up a Mark 56 from letsbereel and it's an amazing rod.  Yes it can handle larger swimbaits, but the magic is also with smaller baits.  I plan to throw spooks, ploppers and LVs on it too!

• 2 weeks later...