Throwing Giant Glides?

Big Bass Man

Tatsu has been the strongest line that I’ve used (more than sniper, more than Invizx, etc) and also the best in every other marker of quality and toughness. 25 lb tatsu is the same diameter as traditional 20 so you’ll get the action that you’re looking for amplified by that factor alone (I run 22 for 250s which is tough as nails also). Additionally it’s not very knot sensitive since it’s so supple and because it tends to stretch a tad more than some other fluoros with a pretty nice stretch shut off point it’s got a lot of give when things gets squirrely. I’ve done some pretty stupid and aggressive casts in wind before and backlashed with a 250 trying to cast 60+ yds and haven’t snapped it but I also use a TN knot which tests higher than all other knots (generally) not hard to tie but is a bit of a process. Invizx and abrazx are both good lines but tatsu effectively takes everything good about Invizx amplifies it, it stretches a tad less, and is also insanely abrasion resistant at its diameter, emphasis on the diameter. 

Also do yourself a favor and don’t use mono unless you plan to fish shallow water only since it does not form a belly in the line because it floats meaning that your bait will rise more on a given retrieve and your input to the bait will be delayed by the line stretching. Up to you but I don’t envision mono being beneficial. 

Edited by Morgan Y

I appreciate these kind of posts lol cause as someone who only throws braid to leader and does really want to make a switch to straight floro or whatever may be a better suited option these posts give you a lot of options to weigh. Thanks SU 

Just now, SoFloW said:

I appreciate these kind of posts lol cause as someone who only throws braid to leader and does really want to make a switch to straight floro or whatever may be a better suited option these posts give you a lot of options to weigh. Thanks SU 

I used to throw braid to fluoro but found that switching to fluoro hasn’t killed my casting distance besides maybe 3-5 yds using a thinner fluoro, and has given my baits much better action because the line can form a belly when you sink out a bait. That alone is enough of a reason to switch since your bait won’t rise until the very end of a cast which is drastically more natural. Besides having less shock applied to your length of leader that’s the only real difference that seems to exist. 

I was die hard 25-30 CXX til I tried 30lb Sunline shooter. Never had a single problem. Strong as anything I've used, stays cashable, no memory. I wait til American Legacy throws it on sale and stock up