Question for Denver Colorado Fisherman…

imightbefishing

Wsup Underground!!

Thinking of taking a vacation trip to Denver…I’m a Texas guy and want to get on some fish!  Smallmouth/largemouth doesn’t matter.  Not opposed to paying for a guide trip but prefer finding some juicy spots to fish!  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

If you are after trophy size fish hit Aurora Reservoir. Can be tough fishing due to electric motors only and it being a big reservoir. Only 3 parking lots to access reservoir so if you fish off bank wear your hiking boats! Chatfield Reservoir has plenty of smallmouth and some good walleye fishing. A few largemouth here and there. Been my most productive lake for swimbaits. Quincy reservoir is also close to Aurora res and holds some nice fish as well. Last would be Cherry Creek Res. Awesome walleye fishing some healthy bass also. Never been good to me for swimbaits. But I do very well with a jerkbait there. Hope this helps, if you have more questions just ask. Let me know when and what side of town you will be on might be able to point you to some more spots.

If you do anything in the Fort Collins area, Horsetooth reservoir has tons of smallmouth and is one of the better walleye fisheries in the state. Also close to lots of great trout fishing if you're into that sort of thing. I second both Chatfield and Aurora for Denver area though