Repaint Warning

NickEMV

Why anyone would paint a rubber bait is beyond me. Spray paint your tires on your car, drive around town and see how they look after. If you ask me that's your own fault for painting a rubber bait.

Wrong; if you use the correct paint, it's fine.

NO YOU'RE WRONG. IT'S STILL GOING TO PEEL OFF NO MATTER WHAT PAINT YOU USE.

Why anyone would paint a rubber bait is beyond me. Spray paint your tires on your car, drive around town and see how they look after. If you ask me that's your own fault for painting a rubber bait.

yeah except for the fact that your bait isn't made out of the same material as a tire, nor are you going to pay someone to just rattle can it. there's a lot of dudes out there painting 250 and soft plastics, this was just a piss poor paint job.

you have no idea what you're talking about. :roll:

I spent most of my career as a plastics chemist. These days there are lots of different types of clear flexible plastics. In the old days most of these types of applications would have been PVC (which is pretty resistant to most chemicals), but today there are all sorts of clear elastomers. Lots of these newer plastics have reactions to certain solvents used in some paints. You will get bad reactions if you mix incompatible types (just try mixing a Z-Man Cyberflex worm in with regular plastics worms and see what a mess you have in a week). Chances are the type of paint used was not compatible with whatever plastic DEPS is using. The bait probably looked OK right after they painted it since the reaction takes some time. Your bait is probably only going to get worse over time. They should have tried coloring a very small piece first and checked it out a week later before proceeding. But again, it probably didn't look that bad when they shipped it.

Painting the deps hudds or any soft bait is a pain in the @$$

The problem with the deps is the contact on the joint will always peel it's almost impossible to prevent

KS. Baits paints with water based acrylic paint and uses a rustoleum spray can clear and from the looks of it the clear looks to be water based too

He should have tested it on his own bait before a customer! I've done multiple deps and a few hudds for myself (I'm no expert)

Ks baits has no idea what he is doing there are certain cleaners/ surface preps , base coats, paints and clear coats to paint a deps

yeah except for the fact that your bait isn't made out of the same material as a tire, nor are you going to pay someone to just rattle can it. there's a lot of dudes out there painting 250 and soft plastics, this was just a piss poor paint job.

you have no idea what you're talking about. :roll:

I bet you think strippers love you too...