PB rat question

Fish-Styk

Couple questions for the PB rat experts....

Do earlier PB rats have the "PB" initials on the bill or is that a recent thing? Also curious if the eye color varies? Recently acquired a standard PB in trade and also purchased a mini rat  from TW recently. Definitely some differences. Standard has a yellowish-red eye color, where as the mini is straight red. Standard has no initials on the bill, mini does. I also noticed the standard I got in trade shows what looks to be a glue or expoy in the joint (slight yellowish tint to the glue, see pics) the mini I cant really see the same. Any insight? Guess my question is, are there PB knockoffs? 

20231212_220236.jpg

20231212_220308.jpg

20231212_220317.jpg

I mean, idk. But I bought a 3 piece charcoal black about exactly a year ago from the hook up before they made the line of new baits. My eyes were red and yes I saw glue in the joint there as well. Yes I also had pb inside the lip. Maybe the dude you traded knocked out the og lip and got a replacement. I would assume the color of glue will vary with color of bait cause mine wasn’t yellowish. I no longer have any pb rats to check for you but I remember those key details you’ve asked for. 

19 hours ago, SoFloW said:

I mean, idk. But I bought a 3 piece charcoal black about exactly a year ago from the hook up before they made the line of new baits. My eyes were red and yes I saw glue in the joint there as well. Yes I also had pb inside the lip. Maybe the dude you traded knocked out the og lip and got a replacement. I would assume the color of glue will vary with color of bait cause mine wasn’t yellowish. I no longer have any pb rats to check for you but I remember those key details you’ve asked for. 

Thanks for the reply man. The eye color and lack of initials on the bill are my biggest questions. The glue in the joint has me curious a little too. I have zero experience with PBs so dont know if that is normal for "older" PBs. 

The eyes are real, the joint glue is real, the lip is either a replacement from pb or one he had on hand. Ask pb for a lip and see if it comes initialed. No problem though. It’s a real pb just a replaced lip. 

its legit, old lip no engraving, the glue/resin yellows over time, eye color means nothing. your baits are legit. 

only difference is he made some crankdowns which are marked on the lip with "CD" I believe. also the lip is longer if i m remember correctly 

no one has ever bothered to make a PB knock off from what i know of or seen. 

27 minutes ago, chefchris said:

its legit, old lip no engraving, the glue/resin yellows over time, eye color means nothing. your baits are legit. 

only difference is he made some crankdowns which are marked on the lip with "CD" I believe. also the lip is longer if i m remember correctly 

no one has ever bothered to make a PB knock off from what i know of or seen. 

Solid info and exactly the confirmation I was looking for. Thank you sir! 

Thanks to all of the replies. Will fish the hell out of it.