Roman Made Mother, Top-Hook, and Triple

brinkerhoff150

Looking for some feedback or a review on the different Roman Made Mother models.  There’s the classic two piece version that seems quite common but I don’t hear much about the top hook or triple jointed versions. I’d assume the top-hook swims the same but interested in situations where you’d throw it over the standard version. Additionally any info on the triple joint version would be appreciated. 

I had a triple for a while, its more a giant triple trout, burn/pause type bait, at least for me, gets old throwing a bait that size when they're are lighter (but same profile size) baits available like a triple trout or balam 245/300

buddy had a top hook mother and would fish it deep along the bottom to stop from getting hung up, missed a lot of hits on it, ended up being more a search tool than a fish producer, also the top hook harness is next to impossible to find if you have to replace it (which he did after it stuck on an old dock like and only way to get the bait was to cut the harness. 

were fishing in NE so both huge baits for our waters. 

you don't see either one fished much as the top hook mothers were sort of limited and hard to get and the triple just never seemed popular. 

Thanks @chefchris - that was a very helpful write up. I was actually looking at a larger TT a while back. Good to know it’s similar. I found a really good deal on a new top hook mother a month or so ago. Out of the box I can see what you’re saying about the harness. If I can find a deal on a triple maybe I’ll try to do some comparisons.