Hawghunter weedless x minnow

Tpreston

Same here. Thougt i had missed out but the baits didn't show up on the site till about 20 after.Was able to get 2 of the redtail shiner. As of this morning there was some of the perch pattern left

Edited by WaterWolf44
Addition of post

I might get one or two in a better color (in future) if it fills a niche I'm trying to fill. Couple questions for those who have/ have fished this.

What's the stock ROF? Assuming I will be able to increase it with nail weights, don't know an easy way to decrease it though.

Does the line go through the mouth of the bait or the top of the bait?

Thanks all.

1 hour ago, maiti said:

I might get one or two in a better color (in future) if it fills a niche I'm trying to fill. Couple questions for those who have/ have fished this.

What's the stock ROF? Assuming I will be able to increase it with nail weights, don't know an easy way to decrease it though.

Thanks all.

It goes through the mouth its a top hook weedless line thru 

4 hours ago, maiti said:

Thanks all.

They come with 3 different weights so you can tune it however you want. There’s a chamber in the belly where you put the weights

the line goes through the mouth and come out the top where it connects to the hook that comes with it. There’s an internal harness that magnetically holds the hook in place 

2 hours ago, JacksonF said:

They come with 3 different weights so you can tune it however you want. There’s a chamber in the belly where you put the weights

the line goes through the mouth and come out the top where it connects to the hook that comes with it. There’s an internal harness that magnetically holds the hook in place 

IMG_4372.MOV

Very helpful, thank you!

4 hours ago, JacksonF said:

You are a pillar of the community

On 2/17/2024 at 11:27 AM, JacksonF said:

Also don’t forget that you need to smell the hook just like a punch rig. Insert the line in through the bait, then through the top of the hook eye before you tie your snell. It forces the hook to kick out when bit, which is the whole point of its design. 

26 minutes ago, MEGAMAG119 said:

Also don’t forget that you need to smell the hook just like a punch rig. Insert the line in through the bait, then through the top of the hook eye before you tie your snell. It forces the hook to kick out when bit, which is the whole point of its design. 

Hopefully the guys who buy them read the 1 sentence instructions that come with the bait lol

I wonder what the hookup ratio is compared to a battleshad. I am currently 1 for 73 on battleshad bites (1.4% hookup ratio). The spotted bass chew them to pieces before they ever get hooked. 

8 hours ago, Csweitzer said:

I wonder what the hookup ratio is compared to a battleshad. I am currently 1 for 73 on battleshad bites (1.4% hookup ratio). The spotted bass chew them to pieces before they ever get hooked. 

For me it’s been damn near 100 on the ones that actually eat it. With that said, I’ve trained myself to wait and let em eat it before I swing after so many missed bites on the Citizen and other Beast hook baits. I’d assume the BS and Citizen would be similar in hook up ratio. I’m just doing the same thing with this bait.