Best glides for the northeast?

Jerkbait22

6 hours ago, Jerkbait22 said:

Which KGB’s did you end up getting? My first swimbait fish of the year came on a Chad shad this month. Also, with the taxi trout, do you find it’s a 1 bite a day type bait or do you still get the 2-3 pounders to eat it?

9" TSG one in golden shiner and the other in a weird shad color. The Taxi Trout I caught that fish on was cast off the next day. I got a new one but haven't really spent much time with it. I will say they swim perfect, on par with an OG deps 250.

20240214_144450.jpg

DS in perch got my best open water bites last year with the exception of a 6.75# on the Biggs Kraken thrown into a shallow rocky flat. A nice surprise but I honestly think I hit her in the head with it - she had no choice. The  flash carp 250 has been good for 2 really big bites that came off at the boat. I'm still learning how to land my biggest treble hook bites by hand. I don't know how to keep a net on board the yak unfortunately... A variety of gill glides get me numbers in cover - when I need a bite I just go to the bank and do that. Definitely prefer to fish open water with bigger stuff though. Good luck this season! Damn this new snow