USB-800h and USB-800h-c

Chomps

Hey everyone can you guys tell me the difference between the phenix ultra swimbait and the ultra swimbait classic? I messaged phenix about it and here's what they said

"Greetings,

The main feature of the Classic series is a redesigned handle that incorporates the use of exotic Burl rings and high density French cork. "

But i think theirs more to it

Different blanks. Go on the Phenix website and look on their freshwater blank section to see the differences. And yes, they are made of different materials. If I were you I would also look at the inshore assassin series. I personally prefer their saltwater blanks far more than their freshwater swimbait blanks.

I'm not sure about the new ones but the older ones I had classic was carbonfiber blank and ultra was graphite.

carbon fiber IS graphite.

Very true. No difference, just different name. Although there are different grades of the stuff.

I'm not sure about the new ones but the older ones I had classic was carbonfiber blank and ultra was graphite.

carbon fiber IS graphite.

i guess what i was trying to say was the classic blank looked cooler than the ultra blank.. :roll: