Any reviews on the Dead Horse Lonestar?

evilcatfish

So I ordered a few of these as the idea of a big ass craw bait has always sounded cool to me. Any SU members thrown these babies? Curious how you guys are rigging them? I have the 10/0 weighted Beast hooks and was considering getting the big 10/0 Warbaits Slayer heads.

Oh, and while I understand this may not qualify as a "swimbait" it is definitely a "big bait." Well at least as much as a Punker or No Bull Frog IMO

Such a sick bait!! I have it on a 3/4 oz warbait with a little stinger treble on the head. They look crazy in the water, haven't really fished it much

Does that stinger treble get hung up a lot? I feel like in the places I'd be fishing a craw it would get constantly snagged

• 4 weeks later...

IMO I think these could be deadly, but aren't we kind of pushing the boundaries of realism when we drag an 8 inch or so crayfish into the equation? When was the last time you've seen a crayfish over 5 inches. I mean I used to find some big ones, but this? Idk I might be whack but I think these would be more intimidating than appealing to most bass. Just my 2 cents

IMO I think these could be deadly, but aren't we kind of pushing the boundaries of realism when we drag an 8 inch or so crayfish into the equation? When was the last time you've seen a crayfish over 5 inches. I mean I used to find some big ones, but this? Idk I might be whack but I think these would be more intimidating than appealing to most bass. Just my 2 cents

I have seen crawdads in Missouri bigger than the Lonestar and I have no doubt given the opportunity a big bass would gulp it up