Your Life on the Water...

3ills

Is there any way to check if the CO2 cartridge is still good or not, or should those just be replaced every certain length of time? and if so, how often?

I just replace mine every Spring. They're not expensive.

Good point.

It is very unfortunate.... but anything can happen.

My buddy gave a tip way back. He recommended to use conventional PDFs when the boat is moving. He also mentioned there were a lot of variables involved to get them to work properly. No matter if you maintain them, there is no guarantee they will deploy. That being said, the conventional PDFs are your best bet.

From then on - its all I bought.

SIDE NOTE:

I am probably going to get a wading belt for the idle fishing times. I want to know when and if I fall in, I can easily and safely float while holding my 'precious' equipment.

I have fished at the site of the accident before, and guys come flying underneath the bridge with an open throttle in their wake boats/bass boats. Signs are clearly posted as 5mph. Just be aware out there guys, there are people on the water like me who only have a 14 ft john that can barely reach 25 mph, so reaction times are slower.