First CO night Slammer fish for '14

FishDr

It's sad.

It's very sad.

It's downright appalling. On center stage we have Bassindon69 just crushing (and rightly so - my hat is off to him for putting together an amazing year) and somewhere, down behind the smallest sideshow tent, perhaps even out in the farthest reaches of the parking lot, I'm struggling to get a bass to hit the Slammer at night. I think I've gone out 6 or 8 or 10 times this year and until last night, hadn't even had a sniff on the 9" Slammer. I was beginning to lose faith in my favorite lure, but every time I thought I ought to try something else, I looked at the battle scars on the seasoned Slammer and stuck with it.

It was a good thing, too, since last night fixed the "no fish at night problem" - I hooked one heavy (for CO) fish on the Slammer right after I started and got her halfway to shore before she jumped and tossed the lure back at me, and then, finally, finally I hooked another one and she stayed buttoned long enough for me to get her in.

Not a monster at 3-3, but not bad for a confidence booster either. Now I've got to start working my way back up the ladder.

file_zpsa3f8c9de.jpg

Chris it's been a funky year brutha.. They aren't eating up top down hear yet either..but I've managed to get them other ways if you ever want a change of scenery give me a shout tight lines...