bassachusetts rain storm fishing

chefchris

My buddy Scott and I fished yesterday 7/27/14 during one of the most insane rain storms I've ever been outside for. hit a river to lake system in eastern mass.

Launched the john boat at around 1030am, started misting, no big deal.

then the rain started, still nothing terrible, but consistent rain, so we found a clearing and waited it out, checked the radar and looked like we can a good 2-3 hour window.

well we were wrong!!!!!!!

the sky opned up and it was straight downpouring, everything was drenched completely thru. but thats when we started hitting fish.

each managed our first hudd fish ever, on the 6" perch fished along the bottom in 12 feet of water. no pics cause of the rain, both just over 4lbs each.

we couldnt help but laugh at how hard it was pouring and we just kept fishing, you know its raining hard when youre quoting forest gump scenes.

had to bail the boat out 3 times, had about 2-3" of water in it after the first storm cell came thru.

then it stopped and the fishing picked up, we each got 3 fish on slammers. his on a bass 9" and mine on a custom painted pizz 12" in zombie pattern, one fish was 13" and crushed it on the first crank, still surprises me when dinks crush large baits.

did get to test out my new ldc xxh and lexa 300, thru 10" real prey, 10" mattlures dead twitch (both eyes fell off on the first cast), cl8 large possum which is about as subtle as a bag of hammers hitting the water and the 12" zobie slammer, rod is amazing and handled them with ease.

so a bad day and being soaked turned out to be a salavgable day, plus came home to house full of awesome gifts from the wifeys bridal shower.

post-4258-1425300118551_thumb.jpg

post-4258-14253001188165_thumb.jpg

post-4258-14253001190152_thumb.jpg

I've been out in rain like that a few times. I should have had scuba gear on instead of a rain coat. When I saw your comment on the "Bag of Hammers" I almost pissed my pants laughing.... :lol::lol: