5 pounder and a theory

kevinbarnosky

Hey guys I got this solid 5 pounder today on a rising son I casted past the tip of a fallin tree and he came Lunt and smashed it was wondering if big largemouth stay in the tress year round because everyother fish I caught were in weeds but much smaller what do u guys think and what are your fav swimbaits for throwing in and around trees

post-4975-14253001499407_thumb.jpg

If your located in Connecticut how did you manage to spell it wrong

What in the actual "Not Allowed" does this have to do with his fish? PM him if it bothers you enough that he didn't spell to your standard but you best be sure you spell every single word you post from here on out or I'm making damn sure you're called on it.

Nice fish man, this isn't spellcheck underground last time I checked.

What in the actual "Not Allowed" does this have to do with his fish? PM him if it bothers you enough that he didn't spell to your standard but you best be sure you spell every single word you post from here on out or I'm making damn sure you're called on it.

:lol::lol::lol:

post-2094-14253001501286_thumb.jpg

Hey guys I got this solid 5 pounder today on a rising son I casted past the tip of a fallin tree and he came Lunt and smashed it was wondering if big largemouth stay in the tress year round because everyother fish I caught were in weeds but much smaller what do u guys think and what are your fav swimbaits for throwing in and around trees

That's a nice solid fish. Looking at the background, did you trudge thu the muck to get him, or, did you tippy toe on the rocks ? Water looks low. As far as your question about tree's, I've caught some of my Biggest bass out of timber year round in Massachusetts. It's a permanant ambush site. If you're in a boat, you can throw just about any lure in there, but, it's a gamble on getting snagged, or, having the big boy go back in after getting hooked. Lots of times after I fish a laydown, i'll go over and make a mental note of how the underwater limbs stretch out, so, the next time I fish it I can kinda get a clean cast in there. Good luck & keep castin... :)

Bass love wood. It's a basic concept. The laydown provides security and ambush opportunities. That being said, some laydowns are better than others and that's when other factors come into play, number one being deep water access. There are probably larger fish on the weedline but you just haven't crossed paths with 'em.

The rising son is a great lure for fishing laydowns. You can also throw a topwater over the submerged branches in hopes of calling them up. If they won't chase, flipping a Mission Fish deep into the nastiest part can sometimes yield quality results.

Get em Jesse! Haha

Nice fish, what size was the RS? 6" or 8"