165-lb wels catfish on Tora Spin/Big Hammer combo

FishDr

• 2 weeks later...
what a fish ! is it a "silurus glanus" ? if yes, I doesn't know they are present in USA ?

what a fighter !

well done

Yes, it was a Silurus glanis and no, it wasn't in the U.S. I was in Spain on a "side-trip" to specifically fish for them. And man, what an awesome fish they are - aggressive, swimbait-eating, and BIG! If you ever get a chance to fish for them, definitely do so!

ok, next year, come in France !

There are some European catfish too, but more pike, a lot and big who do violent fight to your rod, if you came near my town or region.

At the beginning of the year, I have take one catfish in my bass pond... :o:?:shock:

a guy put it in, but we have not see the little bass we have introduct at the end of last year..... :roll:

video of the fight on Medium rod 6.5"in float tube :

Nice European catfish! I wish I could make it out to Europe again next year, but it'll take a while to save up $$$ and points with my family before I can head out again. I'd love to take on some of the big pike you run into, though!