New 175 slide swimmers

fish4bas

I like it a lot. For the big wide-open spaces I'd rather fish a bigger bait. But I like the 175 for tossing into small pockets on the shoreline or in the weed pockets where you can drop it in a lot quieter than a 250. Swims pretty nice on 25#line. I have not yet tried it on 15 or 17# line which has been recommended for a longer glide. I've gotten around 8 bass so far with three of them in the 4# class and some bigger followers that wouldn't eat.

The new 175 is a great bait and swims very consistent. I have three and can't fish em enough. I have been fishing the original 250s for some years now thanks to Butch and i am very partial to the original mold but let me tell you, the new injected bait is hard to put down. And like Butch recommends and with our experience with the new 175s. 15lb test is your friend when it comes to this bait. It really lights up with lighter line and i would not hesitate to purchase this bait. This bait is built better..through and through ;)

The bait is flat out an upgrade to the last version. The 250 will be as well.

The spring system in the nose is amazing if you like to burn the bait, it sounds like wounded baitfish (very subtle and real, a resonation of the spring vibration inside the front chamber). If you stop the bait on a moderate to quick roll it will quiver as well. Less followers, more biters. Im stoked!