BOYCOTT deps 175/250

Bass nutz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

Christ so many people throwing the deps fish have probably forgotten what a Hudd even looks like anymore. Just an overpriced bait in my opinion, which is fine I understand ya gotta pay to play, not pay to be cool and own a deps, I'll stick to the ABT glides #SuicidePact :mrgreen:

My thought's exactly but to each his own I guess. I am no where near as experienced in big baits as most guy's on here but I do agree about the over priced Deps. Big baits are expensive I understand that but there comes a certain point where it's jacking up the price for just sheer profit. Not knocking anyone who buy's deps but just simply stating the demand has driven up the price somewhat but not to the extremes its at now.

I will sell you a 250. For $300.00. Let me know

Thats about the cheapest you'll see em on ebay these days. Go ahead and Jack up the prices, there are plenty of better baits on the market for half the price...

I agree. Don't get me wrong I own deps 250 and think it's an awesome bait. But I have other glides that get bit just as good if not better. I think a lot of new swimbaiters think the deps is some kind of magical bait or something. You still have to put your time on water.

Deps is a great bait but also over fished in my opinion. I'd rather throw something that the fish havnt seen a million times already.

A Senko is also overfished.... I used to.believe that statement as well... till I realized bass are fuccking stupid lol.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Deps is a great bait but also over fished in my opinion. I'd rather throw something that the fish havnt seen a million times already.

A Senko is also overfished.... I used to.believe that statement as well... till I realized bass are fuccking stupid lol.

I wouldnt call them stupid... If they were stupid, I would actually have some DD's on my belt. :D They are one hell of a smart fish in my opinion, but what do I know, I ain't smarter than them, thats for sure. :D

I wouldnt call them stupid... If they were stupid, I would actually have some DD's on my belt. :D They are one hell of a smart fish in my opinion, but what do I know, I ain't smarter than them, thats for sure. :D

I am not sure how they rank against other fish in terms of intelligence but as far as mental capacity goes they are brain dead. There short term memory is around 5 seconds I believe and we give them way to much credit. Like they are some crafty creature making mental calculations on of they should eat you bait or not. Everything is reaction or natural instinct. Your lure doesn't pass them and they think what the "Not Allowed" was that thing with hooks? No way I'm eating that since fish don't have those.

I am not sure how they rank against other fish in terms of intelligence but as far as mental capacity goes they are brain dead. There short term memory is around 5 seconds I believe.

No.......go back to biology class

+1 Bass learn a lot through trial and error. They get hooked on the same bait a couple times and they can make a correlation.

I am not sure how they rank against other fish in terms of intelligence but as far as mental capacity goes they are brain dead. There short term memory is around 5 seconds I believe.

No.......go back to biology class

+1 Bass learn a lot through trial and error. They get hooked on the same bait a couple times and they can make a correlation.

Yea, way off. Bass are very smart little creatures, especially when they've reached sizes pushing 10 pounds, they don't get that big being "fuccking stupid" I really really wish that was the case some days, but I've seen conditioned fish run away from a 250 at first glance, once they've been whacked on it a few times they may never touch it again until the conditions are just right. I am a VERY firm believer in conditioned fish, the struggle is real, but also what makes the hunt for them so much more fun and makes the reward much more rewarding. I wouldn't feel like a very good fisherman if I was bragging about convincing a 10 pounder with downs to eat my bait. Its all about being 1 step ahead of em!