If Money was no Issue

tiger619

What would be your ideal rod and reel combo be for throwing the big boys: 250 slide swimmer,mother,R2S S waver 200, and the big huds. Ive been saving for a while now and am ready to buy a setup that I actually like fishing

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't own one yet but I'd order a LDC custom xh for everything but the mother. And then I'd buy a daiwa luna 300. I don't see much of an upgrade from that setup. (Unless maybe if you could find a like new or new calcutta 400te but that's even debatable)

Like said before I feel you need a few different rods to meet these needs ideally if money was no option I would go with a phenix black diamond hybrid 838 for the slide swimmer and all smaller trebled baits then a phenix black diamond hybrid 869 for the mother and all mega trebled baits

Then A phenix black diamond 868 for the hudds and all similar sized jig hooked baits

I emailed him, but your probably right. I fish dobyns on all my other gear but I've already snapped 2 908s and I don't like the feel of the 867.

I actually like the feel of my Dobyns rods. I have an 806 ml, 2 807's, and an 867 but to be honest with you I'm hesitant to buy any more Dobyns swimbait rods because the guides are absolute junk. Having said that, I have not seen this problem with their savvy series rods or the champion extreme series. Unfortunately they don't make swimbait rods in those series. Every one of my Dobyns swimbait rods has missing guide inserts right now. They have a good warranty but it's a real hassle to have to send a rod in for a single guide insert. For hudds, the original Lamiglas big bait rod is fantastic if you can find one.

I emailed him, but your probably right. I fish dobyns on all my other gear but I've already snapped 2 908s and I don't like the feel of the 867.

I actually like the feel of my Dobyns rods. I have an 806 ml, 2 807's, and an 867 but to be honest with you I'm hesitant to buy any more Dobyns swimbait rods because the guides are absolute junk. Having said that, I have not seen this problem with their savvy series rods or the champion extreme series. Unfortunately they don't make swimbait rods in those series. Every one of my Dobyns swimbait rods has missing guide inserts right now. They have a good warranty but it's a real hassle to have to send a rod in for a single guide insert. For hudds, the original Lamiglas big bait rod is fantastic if you can find one.

Jace get the rod re wrapped with good guides bro it should cost that much

Ben / LDC makes a killer Heavy bait rod to your own needs. The LDC XXH Parabolic is one of the sickest rods out there for big hard baits with trebles.

-Reels i have fallin in love with the Abu BEAST, perfect big bait reel with tons of drag.

that's my perfect setup