PB in Connecticut

Jay_Paternostro

This year was the 1st year I really started chuckin' big swimbaits. I caught Five 5lbers this year but I could not beat 5.8lbs. After fishing for over 3 hours without a bite, I was rewarded with my personal best 6 pounder. Get her on the XL Nezumma rat, 12 at night, about 10-15 feet over a weed line (my favorite spot on my home lake) Got her on a mildly-slow stop & go retrieve while walking the dog in between 2-3 second pauses. The best part about this bass was definitely the splash it made when it hit my nez, this was like nothing I've ever heard before. It was so loud I honestly thought it was a beaver smacking it's tail against the water. Once I heard the splash, I set the hook as hard as I could, and as soon as I felt the dead weight of the bass on the other end of my line, I knew I had finally broken my personal best after all year. Big thanks to my fishing parthner and cousin Brandon with the net job. This is just the beginning, even though the state record in CT is just shy of 13 pounds, I'm determined to get a double digit. This upcoming year I'm going to put all my time in with my big baits, and hopefully next year you'll see a post of my 10lber I get on my Roman Made Mother.

post-4138-1425300974058_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...