Calcutta 200D & 201D

mhartley1994

Is anyone using the 200 size Calcutta D for your light duty swimbait setups? I'm on the verge of buying one for baits like 5" Lunker Punkers, 5" & 6" Bull Shads and other baits 2oz and less. Ive also considered a Curado 301e but I'm not sure which one to go with. I have the Calcutta 401D and Im really pleased with it.

I have 2 in the 200D series... No problems on either one

I have been throwing baits up to 5oz on both my 200D's for over a year- with no problems at all!

I have also thrown my Deps 250 on them as well... I have yet to get a suitable rod for my 250 so I haven't been able to full experiment and push the reels limits but it felt like it was able to handle the 6.6Oz's...Still hard to really say without the proper rod

I would like to here if anyone has tried the 200D with baits over 6-7oz and how they preformed?

I don't have a 300 Series round reel and am trying to avoid if possible...I prefer the lowprofile style if I can get away with it...

Once my Rod comes in I will be testing my 200D's for sure on the Deps 250...I have high hopes and would like to avoid going up to the 300D if possible...

Wonder if anyone has had success or failure and what the reels limits are...

I have 2 in the 200D series... No problems on either one

I have been throwing baits up to 5oz on both my 200D's for over a year- with no problems at all!

I have also thrown my Deps 250 on them as well... I have yet to get a suitable rod for my 250 so I haven't been able to full experiment and push the reels limits but it felt like it was able to handle the 6.6Oz's...Still hard to really say without the proper rod

I would like to here if anyone has tried the 200D with baits over 6-7oz and how they preformed?

I don't have a 300 Series round reel and am trying to avoid if possible...I prefer the lowprofile style if I can get away with it...

Once my Rod comes in I will be testing my 200D's for sure on the Deps 250...I have high hopes and would like to avoid going up to the 300D if possible...

Wonder if anyone has had success or failure and what the reels limits are...

I'm surprised that the 200D has enough line capacity for a Deps. I plan to spool mine with 17lb Seaguar Red Label. I think it'll hold plenty of that. But I assume youre using 25-30lb or 80lb Braid. Does it hold enough of the heavier weight lines?

201D is a great reel but I'd just step it up to the 301D if size doesn't bother you. I don't think you'll have a problem throwing small stuff with it

Ive also considered the new Curado 201 IHG. Its going on a BBR964c so I think I'm wanting to stick around a 200 size. I think a 200 size reel will hold plenty of 17lb fluorocarbon. I'm only throwing baits in the 1 - 2oz range so I don't reply see any need to step it up to a 300.