How To Lose All of your Swimbaits/Kastmasters you own in 2 fishing trips.

LegendaryGarcia

I managed to cast and lose my entire big bait collection in the past month. In All 12 Swimbaits, 3 Kastmasters. From getting old line twice from my local fishing shop, and staring at my bait fly away into the next zip code, to the sighs of watching excitement turn to sad struggles, i feel like all those lucky days as a kid fishing in cancun and florida are over. Those Wins, those epic fish, now these days im fishing in a small Lagoon the size of car drive in theater, losing all my baits like a noob because i have high hopes for company's doomed to fail. I am so happy with my Lexa400, my Okuma is was great until the eyelit got bent and i had to manually move it back in place, that felt terrible. No joke, after watching two kastmaster get chucked away,  because of abrasion resistance being so shitty. The Struggle is reel, on that note i would really appreciate anyone that knows a quality line manufacture that doesn't have line shy attributes that can throw 2oz-10oz lures with efficiency and can last me a long time.

Anyone gracious enough to give stuff they dont use anymore i would be eternally greatful.

Feel Free to share you're hard times.

I am not trying to sound harsh but It sounds like you need to practice casting, and learn to tie some good knots. If you lost all your baits then that sounds like a bigger issue then just your line. If it was just your line then you should have recognized it right away and changed your line. If your line was so bad that you were loosing cast masters then that's really bad. If somebody was to give you another bait it sounds like you would loose it just as fast. I suggest you go to one of those clearance sites and buy a couple cheap heavy baits like bass harrassers and storms and practice until your not loosing them right away then get some better quality baits.

I managed to cast and lose my entire big bait collection in the past month. In All 12 Swimbaits, 3 Kastmasters. From getting old line twice from my local fishing shop, and staring at my bait fly away into the next zip code, to the sighs of watching excitement turn to sad struggles, i feel like all those lucky days as a kid fishing in cancun and florida are over. Those Wins, those epic fish, now these days im fishing in a small Lagoon the size of car drive in theater, losing all my baits like a noob because i have high hopes for company's doomed to fail. I am so happy with my Lexa400, my Okuma is was great until the eyelit got bent and i had to manually move it back in place, that felt terrible. No joke, after watching two kastmaster get chucked away,  because of abrasion resistance being so shitty. The Struggle is reel, on that note i would really appreciate anyone that knows a quality line manufacture that doesn't have line shy attributes that can throw 2oz-10oz lures with efficiency and can last me a long time.

Anyone gracious enough to give stuff they dont use anymore i would be eternally greatful.

Feel Free to share you're hard times.

Let me see if I understand what you are saying. Something about "moveing a rod eyelet", (was the ceramic insert cracked)? You might want to check it,that would cause any line to fray in no time. You did not mention what pound test you were using. The pound test vrs. the wieght of the lure has to be somewhat balanced to withstand each other. Were you fishing from shore, or, from a boat ? Keep a mental note where the lures ended up and pay someone to "dive" down to look for them if you don't want to yourself. It should be alot cheaper than buying a whole new collection. Anyway, good luck going forward...

So You casted off 15 lures in 2 trips? You didn't think after the first 5 or 10 that maybe something wasn't right? Im not saying you didn't get "old line" but if you kept having baits fly off on the cast why in the hell would you keep tying on more!?

12 baits?!?! are we talking expensive ones like $80 and up? cause it sounds like a lesson should have been learned or someone should go swimming.  I personally being a cheap angler will go in search for any lost bait worth over $40.  For that same reason i really only buy expensive baits that float.(also a topwater freak)  Go take a cast net and dredge the bottom where you lost some of them.