Potentially getting back into throwing swimbaits...

mhartley1994

Hey guys,

I know I haven't been gone too long and Im already thinking about getting back into the swimbait game. I dont want to just dive right back in and wind up emptying out piggy banks, bank accounts, and everything else that might be holding money. I was thinking about buying a rod, a reel, and one swimbait (for right now). Heres what Im looking at:

Shimano Calcutta 201D (Used on the Black Market)

Phenix M1 MH Swimbait Rod (Used on the Black Market)

Deps 175 Flash Carp (Used on the Black Market)

I dont want to spend a fortune but I do want a nice rod and reel. Do you guys think this would be a good setup for me to get back into throwing swimbaits?

post-23512-0-42691200-1432906575_thumb.jpgpost-23512-0-68951200-1432906559_thumb.jpg

I have the m1 mh inshore 2-6oz paired with a shimano 300d and absolutely love it for a all around round for baits in the 2-3oz (sweet spot) i personally wouldn't go smaller then a 300 reel

I've had a Cardiff before and I just want something a little nicer. I've also been eyeballing a 301E Curado. I won't be throwing anything over 3oz so I think the Phenix M1 MH rod and the Curado 301E should do the trick.