Swimmininfl

Greetings,

I've been lurking in the Underground for a few months now. There is a lot of good information especially for anglers like myself just learning the ropes. I live in NE Florida and I'd like to hear from other Floridians and see which areas your fishing, and the type of equipment, techniques and baits your using.

Thanks,

Z

New guy in Florida here.Fish Everglades to Lake O. Ponds and and small lakes alot as well. Just bought an Okuma Guide select.

Fishing Matt lures ultimate gill,Hudd 68,Caught a nice one on the Little Creepers.Couple bites on the MC soft swimbait. Bought a 9" slammer waiting for it to show up. Only have a few trips swimbaiting so Im trying to keep it simple with swimbaits.

Thanks SFLA. Lake and Everglades is a bit far. I live between Kingsley Lake (numerous lunkers), the St Johns, Black Creek which is really a river 10-90' deep, Santa Fe Lake, 20-30', and Rodman dam. Gold shiners, Bluegill and Threadfin Shad are the main forage. I bought a couple of small Bluegill and a Swaver. I have a Slammer in Gold Shiner on order. How do you like the Okuma? I was thinking of getting one of those paired with a Shimano Cardiff 300. I 'm right handed but I use lefty reels.  What line are you using? I tried to use Floro with my regular gear and it was a disaster. Now I'm back on braid, 50-65lb. I notice a lot of the guys on the site use PLine mono. I looked for it locally but no joy. Right now I'm waiting for a sale at TW and I'll make my move. Worse comes to worse I can use the gear for Reds, Stripers and Snook.

Thanks for your reply, I hope to hear from others.

Z

Like the Okuma alot.First time using it yesterday ,lost a 5lber pulling him out of the water.Can throw s-waver all day.Threw slammer tonight with no issues. I don't have any huge baits so it fits well with what I'm throwing. Little creepers throw and fish well on this rod with 20lb Berkley. Fished 65lb braid on slammer tonight on a slower retrieve reel. No issues.

I decided on the Okuma Guide Select H/MF. I paired it with a Cardiff 301A w/50lb braid. Just in case I also bought some P-Line Original 25lb. I'll be using 25lb Floro with the braid for a leader. This rig will also double as a saltwater rig for Snook or the Striper that may pay me a visit.

Lure wise I pretty well followed suggestions on baits for Noob's; Slammer, BBZ-1 rat, and Lunker Punker.

Well That is enough damage for now...