Leader for Toothy Critters?

CCMD

Have 2 trips scheduled to do my first-ever pike fishing in Ocotber. Bringing 2 swimbait rods and set ups to throw 175s, TTs and a host of other swimbaits at pike all day.

Any recs on leader material? Anybody feel good about throwing big (and expensive) baits at pike with just a 25lb fluoro leader? Looked into the nylon-coated wire as well. Just wondering what more experienced guys who chase musky and pike with swimbaits feel comfortable with.

Generally speaking, I like fluoro a lot for subsurface baits, but I'm not sure I feel all warm and fuzzy about subjecting fluoro to a pike's teeth with a $50+ bait on the other end, even if it is a hard bait with trebles.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

I lived in N.D & MN for years and only used braid. They don't seem to care I used Samurai braid #30 for 10 years and a black 8in 7 strand black wire leader and never lost a fish.  I recommend bringing some 1oz. spinnerbaits with a big Colorado blade and 1 or 2  Musky Mayhem cowgirls for a night. You can get them at Cabelas. Unless you plan on pulling tree stumps I find 80-100 complete overkill.

Don't tie to braid, they will cut straight through 80# plus braid. 80-100 pound fluorocarbon has been my go to for years, always will be. You can go the wire route as well, but Im usually in clear water where I take every advantage I can get. 

Appreciate the insight. I will be fishing very clear water as well, so fluoro may be the way to go. Anyone have experience with pike being particularly leader-shy with wire? The lakes I'll be fishing have 10+ foot visibility in most spots.

Do a search

Has been covered

Expensive baits 60lb works great. Not all brands are equal

Some bait won't swim well on 60 let alone 80-100

Here are Colorado the bigger like seem line shy IMO.

My fav is rio power flex I think it's called.

Only $9 a spool, more clear than most floruo and way harder than anything I've used.

Have caught over 100 tiger Muskie on it too with no issues

I use 80 lb fluoro leader when fishing tigers, or a steel leader. Stealth tackle has some of the best on the market... They will cut through 65 lb braid like butter!!!.....That being said, I will never throw my deps to those toothy critter... they will turn the soft skin to shreds. Savage gear soft 4play are good, inexpensive baits