BBZ Night Fish + PB

timcauliffe

Took out a newly acquired BBZ ninja rat on a solo night mission utilizing my 8ft predator-style boat and my dogs headlamp. Pulled in my personal season best at 5.07lbs while throwing the rat in an opening in a heavy lily area with a slow retrieve, twitch and pause. Duffed her first time then 2-3 casts later - nailed it. Right after her, I pulled a 4.15lb largie then called it a night.

This was all before a nice long weekend of fishing in NH where a good friend and I crushed smallies at night again on the ninja BBZ.

11849907_1621134381480769_693339417_n.jp

Nice Fish. What rod are you throwing the rat on? How do you like the action on the rat?

Love the action on the rat. Removing the tail gives it an almost different/additional action, too - when the tail is removed, swim it with a subtle jerk, then pause. The jerk causes it more to "pop"/splash a slight bit. Looks great.

Throw these on (2) different rods - 7'11 H Okuma Guide Select and a 7'0 MajorCraft Day's 2pc Swimbait Rod (sounded crazy, but works perfect!)