Mattlures

BigSlant

Hey SU, this thread probably exists already and probably doesn't even need to be started...Matt is by far one of the best lure artists out there...his baits are amazing and proven...

All praise aside here's my latest experience...

I fish mattlures ultimate gills and U2's a lot...I also throw some others of his soft baits...sadly some of my baits have seen better days and have lost some eyes and others are getting ready to fall off...

I see Matt on the site all the time and see his comments about upcoming bait releases, requesting feedback on what terminal tackle buyers would like etc...he's truly involved on a personal level...I see a lot of threads about other bait guys not responding or responding only to a select few members about things...I respect everyone is working hard and they don't always have time to field ?'s over and over...Matt makes time and to me that sets him apart...

I sent Matt a PM through the site and within a few hours he responded...as mentioned I have several baits that were losing eyes and my ? Was what was the best way and what material to use to prevent the ones that were starting to fall off from falling off...i sent him some photos...he gave me some tips and offered to send some eyes...that was about three days ago...today I received an envelope with some eyes...

Though some of you may expect that from him I haven't had any dealings with Matt yet and I know he's busy with the new releases and shipping orders out...I didn't think something as small as a few eyes for relatively inexpensive baits would be a priority...I was pleasantly surprised when I got the mail today...

I will be a supporter of mattlures even stronger than I already am...Thanks Matt for taking care of me...Thanks SU for having a medium in which it makes it easier for us to get in contact with the makers of the baits of the sport with which we so passionately love...and spend money

I second that he has done same for me great guy and def one of the great bait makers out there! I have caught fish on all his baits I mean all I have probably 30plus baits of his and have caught fish on all of them if an eye ever fell off from hitting a rock or a big fish he is quick to get you fishing those baits with confidence again!

• 2 weeks later...