Huddin PB

evans_usmc69

Finally got over the flu and got out on the water Tuesday. Didn't get to go to where I really wanted to, but got to fish and picked up a pb as well. Water was about 47-50 degrees and mostly sunny with wind picking up throughout the day to about 8-10 mph.

I missed about 4 or 5 fish before I caught my first one. For whatever reason, they just wouldn't lock onto the bait. From what I could tell, they would rush to the bait and bite more at the back than the front and when I set the hook, all I ended up getting was teeth rash on the back of the hudd. Finally got a better look at one eating it and I waited just a tad longer for the fish to position the bait in his mouth and caught a largemouth that weighed 5-8 just in front of some structure.

Before you get too excited over the PB, it was a spot, first one I've caught over 6lbs. Scales first read 6-14 which had me all excited, but then the next 4 times I weighed her, 6-1 every time. There was no waiting for her to position the bait, she hit it hard and was hooked up before I knew what was going on. Not too bad considering I fished a 2nd choice lake, can't wait to get back out on the water.

post-18296-0-41433400-1457609224_thumb.jpeg

post-18296-0-44460100-1457609231_thumb.jpeg

post-18296-0-07022400-1457609236_thumb.jpeg