Central Florida Swimbaits

MoparMagnolia

Inches and ounces are a lil different

Can't go wrong with a dobyns 806..

Irod large swimbait but that shorty handle designated it as a punker rod for me..people like the okuma guide select heavy..and I hear good things aboutout the dobyns fury 795..

I'm an Abu Garcia guy so imma say revo big shooter..but I'm willing to bet you have small hands so I'd go with the big shooter compact...

All my opinions and preferences

Inches and ounces are a lil different

Can't go wrong with a dobyns 806..

Irod large swimbait but that shorty handle designated it as a punker rod for me..people like the okuma guide select heavy..and I hear good things aboutout the dobyns fury 795..

I'm an Abu Garcia guy so imma say revo big shooter..but I'm willing to bet you have small hands so I'd go with the big shooter compact...

All my opinions and preferences

Thanks!  :-D

• 2 months later...

Have to share this. After a long summer of tiring work in 90 degree weather, that combined with higher priorities forced fishing to be last on my list. Got a few baits here and there and a setup, but lots of what I ordered is still on backorder from TW.. Ordered from 3:16 the other day and after an awful day today came home to this... I only ordered the 3 mission fish. I'm sure y'all can agree that this company is awesome.. sharing Christ's love through a small order. Serious thank you to 3:16 Lure Co.. First swimbait session happnening this weekend..

Thanks for listening

post-26853-0-28902100-1470958636_thumb.jpg

Mickey and Rina are always awesome.

Hope you catch a pig soon.....the water is very hot, slowwwwww it down.

Crazy hot. Fished yesterday after a rainstorm and tied on a brush hog.. didn't realize how slow I needed to be dragging it until a 3lber hit when I was messing with the trolling motor, not paying attention

I wouldn't be afraid to try new things as far as lI'm it in yourself to baits that may work best in central Florida. I catch bass on trout baits where there is no trout for example. If you use a bait, catch a few on it your confidence will blow up and that will become a deadly lure. But definitely nothing wrong with matching the hatch.

Hey Maggie! I've lived in Southwest Florida for the past 14 years in Fort Myers (between Naples and Sarasota). I'm about an hour from Lake Okeechobee/Clewiston where I use about two different guides consistently to catch the big hogs. However on the the West coast of FL in Fort Myers I mostly fish Lake Trafford and some of the smaller lakes in Lee and Collier Counties. Many golf courses with gigantic lakes/ponds that go unfished by the retired snowbird population are some of my favorite targets too.

You mentioned that you were looking for swimbait ideas that are budget oriented? Wanted to recommend Mike Bucca's BullShads and the new BullGill. The 6" size is perfect for my area and only cost about $57.They move amazing and are a proven fish catcher. Check out the BullShad website online and try them out. I'm including a picture on this post so you have an idea.Good luck with your swimbaits Maggie!