Rising son?

jtipton91

Top Raman is right. I use the top hook version to fish the entire water column. The top hook version is my goto and is always tied on.

thankyou. Thats what I was looking to hear. Looks like a top hook and some nail weights is on my grocery list.

thankyou. Thats what I was looking to hear. Looks like a top hook and some nail weights is on my grocery list.

The top-hook will easily run deep without the nail weights. Just throw it and count it down.

The top-hook will easily run deep without the nail weights. Just throw it and count it down.

oh ok. Next question, besides being a different presentation, is the rising son more or less as effective as a huddleston? What are your thoughts on that.

oh ok. Next question, besides being a different presentation, is the rising son more or less as effective as a huddleston? What are your thoughts on that.

It depends. When the fish want a slow, subtle presentation, it's hard to beat a Hudd. I throw them most of the late Fall and Winter. The RS moves a lot of water and makes a ruckus. I throw it most of the rest of the year.

Ill use the top hook to bump bottom in deep water when its a little warmer...the tail on the RS has a lot of action! Reminds me of some saltwater swimbaits that ive been using for years with great success