Dobyns Fury 796- Has anyone fished it?

Sor

I know the Fury rods are Dobyns' new budget oriented line.  I wonder if anyone has used the fury swimbait rod and what are your thoughts on the rod if you have used it?

I wanted to get a new swimbait rod but i didn't want to break the bank.

post-28084-0-16659600-1479180293_thumb.png

I've been looking at these forever too! Can't decide between this and the Okuma Guide Select...argh! Many guys on here say that this ranks close to the more-expensive champion line. Also have heard that lure rating is overrated and handles baits up to 3.5 oz better. Other than this, I've only heard good things about it! Tackle Warehouse is having their 20% off Black Friday sale soon if your interested.

There have been multiple posts covering this topic...try the search bar if you haven't already!

I absolutely love mine. I have several of the dobyns champions and like the fury as much if not more than my other 795. I have been throwing the phoneyfrog glide on it and it has handled it fine. I'm not sure of the weight of the bait but it's 4-5oz.

I've been looking at these forever too! Can't decide between this and the Okuma Guide Select...argh! Many guys on here say that this ranks close to the more-expensive champion line. Also have heard that lure rating is overrated and handles baits up to 3.5 oz better. Other than this, I've only heard good things about it! Tackle Warehouse is having their 20% off Black Friday sale soon if your interested.

There have been multiple posts covering this topic...try the search bar if you haven't already!

As far as swimbait rods I've only ever used the guide select (bought it last winter), but I'd say it is also overrate. I tried a 4oz savage gear real trout and I wouldn't go any heavier personally. 

I heard that the guide selects are tip heavy and the fury's are a more balanced rod in  the price range. just something to consider.

I recently sold off a couple higher end rods and picked up one of these since I don't throw much over 4oz these days anyway. So far it seems like an excellent rod for the price. I was worried I'd gotten to accustomed to spiral wraps and longer handles but the transition has been easy

I bought one, used it for several months and liked it enough to buy another. I use em for baits in the 1-3 oz range(freestyle shads and gills, rising sons, baby wakes). It's definitely worth the price IMO.

Edited by ETBA

I mainly have the Champion series rods.  I started from Gen1 until present.  I have yet to try/get a hold of these Fury rods.  I hear good things about them and this thread might possibly make me get a couple.

Thanks for posting/sharing everyone!