Gancraft 303

Campobassmaster

Its a good bait, been thinking about getting another to start throwing in the salt, but as for you and your area, i wouldn't focus on getting the biggest bait you can afford. Stick with the medium size baits and once you can start constantly catching fish on this size, then move up to the heavy hitters. As for the bait itself, it will defiantly take a big rod to handle, but depending on what you do when you get it, weather you shave the joints down, or fine tune the sink, it can have a pretty nice wide glide, i would almost fish it like a really big jerk bait, just some hard fast pops to give it a nice wide glide then pause it. Thats how i fished my 303 and 178 when i had them. Hope it helps

i think i remember seeing that you mentioned you were going to High Point? i would not get a 303 for the lakes in that area. i went to school in that area and id definitely use that money you'd spend on the 303 and get a large shad imitator like a phoney or hinkle. a lot of the lakes around you have gizzards in them. I've caught gizzards on crank baits. you've got 4 great lakes right in the vicinity and all of them you'd be way better off with a shad imitator. my biggest SB fish in NC came on a 8.5 inch hiro hard tail

in perch. if you've got any questions about the area i can point you in the right direction.