Question about the K9

paynefish

I haven't seen a review for the 3:16 K9 yet and wanted a big profile soft bait to throw instead of a hudd that had less lead in it and had more swim to the tail so I bought one. Got it in the mail yesterday and it looks good. I'll be back out on the water this weekend to test it out and hopefully get some video as well to do a review.

So my question:

Has anybody single hook rigged one of these to make it "weedless" or will it tear the bait too badly. I know it was made so the bait slides up the line but if I wanted to make it weedless, would it do a ton of damage?

Also would be eager to hear any best way type retrieves. My plan currently is to fish it like a Rising Son.

Too much plastic in my opinion to use a single hook (havent tried it). I would try other options like making wire or mono weed guards for your treble. Or fish a 316 minnow or mission fish haha

:lol: yeah, I have those too but the bulk of this fatty is awesome. I've got a lure retriever so I think I'll just throw it and hang on. Think you're right on the plastic boom.

Did the K9 just got available recently or I'm I trippin :lol:

Tripp'n! I love that bait... it is a serious hunk of meat. It's got major presence and that tail has a wicked wag. Not sure why more people don't talk about it.

-Ali

Did the K9 just got available recently or I'm I trippin :lol:

I think you are trippin because I cannot understand what you are saying.

The K9 is a bad ass bait. Don't know why you hear about the Rising Son so much while the K9 it doesn't get much love. Maybe people are just trying to keep it to themself. I know I have :lol:

Looks like Ali and I were on the same page here ;)

I know i have seen the page many of times just asking if the add cart just recently pop up.

If it was always been available then I was definitely trippin :lol: