Looking at some new swimbait reels.

DownSouthBassin

I'm not particular to a low profile or round reel setup. Just looking at a couple different reels and would like some opinions. Listed in no particular order.

Reel #1 Lews Round Speed Cast SC600

Reel #2 Shimano Cardiff 301A

Reel #3 Okuma Citrix 364

Reel #4 Okuma Metaloid

Reel #5 13 Fishing Concept A3

Reel #6 AG Revo Toro Beast

I realize the price range is very wide here ranging from 99-300. I'm looking at throwing baits such as the S-Waver 200, Huddleston 68, Triple Trout and an undetermined Bluegill bait.

The Cardiff is the only swimbait reel I own currently so I can't compare it with the rest, but I think it's a great entry-level reel for the price. Solidly built and great for working baits slowly and thoroughly. If however you're not on a tight budget and/or you need to fish faster, I'd go with one of the more "higher end" low profiles...especially if you like working your baits with the rod

I have the Abu Beast (not Toro) and it is a very small reel ... like a normal 100 size reel, but it holds plenty of 20lb. floroclear and is a great reel. From what I understand the Toro is like its bigger, beefier brother so I imagine it's great too.

I have the Abu Beast (not Toro) and it is a very small reel ... like a normal 100 size reel, but it holds plenty of 20lb. floroclear and is a great reel. From what I understand the Toro is like its bigger, beefier brother so I imagine it's great too.

+1 on the Revo Beast

Those baits don't require heavy gear or increased spool capacity.

Tho I'm an Abu guy..this statement is what you need to make your decisions on..you can save a lot of money and still get quality gear by getting the correct reel for the application

At what point bait wise would I need more line capacity?  8 inch hudds?  deps 250's?

Typically what lb test you want to use. I use 15-17 lb fluo for the baits you listed. If you want to spool up 25lb big game or such you I recommend at least a 300 series spool.

Another factor is retie. I am more likely to need an increased spool capacity if bottom bouncing a plastic. You might need to rip off 20yds of line if it becomes frayed, nicked, etc fishing around cover. Sometimes I need to to do this multiple times a day. The extra capacity will come in handy - no need to respool on the boat, and more importantly casting distance will be compromised less. 

I can throw the deps and 8" on a 300, but I always like the Shimano TE 400 series for those baits. Much better fishing experience IMO. 

Line capacity is the most overrated number in swimbaiting..you'll never cast more than 60-80yds..if you can huck it further your looking at testing the break strength of the line..imo..if you have a reel that can accommodate 150-175yds of 17-20# mono/flouro your good on 90% of your casting needs..as you move to heavier baits then the gears/braking/drag force and parts need to beef up and that happens a lot in the larger capacity reels..there are still a lot of 100/200 size reels that have quality parts and will be softer on the wallet