Smash-tech shiner

Jetfisherjohn

Has anyone used this lure before? I just received mine yesterday. For only 18$, I figured I couldn't go wrong. My first impressions of the bait are that its amazing. Soft body, subtle tail kick just like a hudd. It's a line thru which may be nice. I swam tested in the tub and the swimming action is amazing. Possibly the best soft bait swimming action I've seen. Getting on their Instagram page you can see that their other products catch a lot of big fish. My only complaint so far is that the line thru system is only for the bottom. Which that means I won't be able to bottom bounce this bait. Anyone know if I could change it to some sort of top hook option?

If you have used this lure or any of smash-tech swimbaits lures, what do you think of them?

I have a few pictures in the got em section of fish on the shiner and convict. Good action but a $15 bait will last one or 2 fish before requiring glue surgery. Stopped throwing the shiners because I only would get one in a bunch that swam straight. The baits are super soft but that's probably where their action comes from.

I picked a few up. I'll start by saying it works and catches fish! The problem is quality control is horrible I've yet to see two baits that look alike. Not a great job on the pour there is a lot of imperfections in the baits. The paint just comes off all over your hand. I'm not sure that's such a big deal but maybe as it swims it's releasing paint? I don't know. I do know if yput one in your it will leave crap all over your hands. Durability is lackluster. Overall it has nice action soft body just poor quality!!

How is ken not suing yet?

It's a good question. Though for this bait here, it's nothing like a hudd. Except the tail really. But if you go through and look at all these different companies, big and small, that vortex style tail is widely popular. I see it everywhere as I continuously search for the small man business to try out their products. I'm all for supporting small business, especially when run by only one or two people, as long as I can afford it. With that being said, if I buy a soft plastic swimbait by a staple in the industry, I go out and it gets shredded one day on the water and I'm done, now I have to buy a new one. That may/can get very pricey very fast. So the money man inside of me is going to want to look around to find a cheaper alternative, with very similar results. That being, find a new company that makes a soft plastic swimbait wth the same-ish profile as the tried and true company, and give it a shot. Wether or not there is come "copying" going on or not is one thing, but there's always going to be something different. A different type of material used, a different color of paint, a little more roll here, a little more kick there. Well that little bit may be the key one day to catching a giant. Would I buy more of the tried and true lure when I have the money, absolutely. But if I can save money, find something I'll be able to replace often, and that catches fish, then so be it. I then am supporting two companies instead of one. At the end of the day, it's all about what that fish wants to bite. If ol faithful company lure isn't working and I tie on its "rip off" company's bait, and catch fish on it due to the most subtle change, then good for me. Not only did I learn, but I also supported different companies.

It's ruthless out there, but what it boils doe to is, what works best for you, so you can go out and catch fish day on and day out.