2016 review and future goals

Jetfisherjohn

I know there is already a thread about this but mine is going to be long so I thought I'd be kind and make my own.

Best 5 fish this year went for 25.5lbs

I didn't really start dedicating myself to swimbaits until late fall so most of my fish this year came from conventional tackle. My biggest this year was a 6.5lb from a black buzzbait at night.

Biggest swimbait fish this year weighed 4lb 14oz on a savage gear bluegill swimbait.

I did miss an opportunity on two bigger fish that would have culled 2 that I have on my big fish list. Seeing both of them before they unfortunately came off.

My biggest accomplishment this year was being able to spend a whole day and fish with Jon B, the fishing youtube vlogger. If you haven't seen his channel or seen the video, I'll link it down below. Summer time with 100+ degree heat, caught quite a few fish including a 5lb largemouth on a swimjig and snagging a carp.

I gained a lot of knowledge this year from reading everything and watching as much as I did. I can't wait to continue to grow for next year!

2017 goals

1) break my pb of 6lb12oz

2) catch a DD

3) have a 5 fish limit of 30#

4) get someone else into swimbaiting

Here's the link to the video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nTmFuMe335U

post-28014-0-47263300-1482249970_thumb.jpeg

Nice man...looks like a good year! I have that SG Bluegill but no bites on it this year.  Admittedly i didnt throw it enough.  Do you think Jon B will throw any big baits anytime soon?  He keeps hinting at it and buying stuff...but not many vids of throwing big batis.  Must say out of all of his fellow youtubers (peric, 1r1r, flair, etc...) i like him the best.  The others can be over the top for me sometimes.

Nice man...looks like a good year! I have that SG Bluegill but no bites on it this year.  Admittedly i didnt throw it enough.  Do you think Jon B will throw any big baits anytime soon?  He keeps hinting at it and buying stuff...but not many vids of throwing big batis.  Must say out of all of his fellow youtubers (peric, 1r1r, flair, etc...) i like him the best.  The others can be over the top for me sometimes.

I don't know. He just went to Texas and threw them a little bit. Last year he bought all those hudds. I think he is still is the, catch a lot of fish game instead of, catch the biggest fish. He and I talked about some swimbaits while we fished together but not much action

this year was pretty awesome for me

Best five: 9.0, 7.5, 8.0, 7.0, 6.5= 38 pounds

Learned a lot about the California delta, and swim baiting in general

Hoping to

1) catch a DD

2) Catch a 35 pound bag - One day

3) get a buddy a PB