How many baits do you take?

d-camarena

If I have just picked up a new bait, I will often just take a couple of rods and a very few baits with the intent of fishing only that one new bait the whole trip to learn it.

However on most other trips I take way too much.

Bring em all! Lol!

In reality, I might bring only 3 or 4 different types of baits but there might be a lot of each. For example, I might bring 8" hudd, baitsmith, and deps 250 but I'll have 20 hudds of different ROF's and colors, a few baitsmiths and a few 250's.

We keep it simple and only use a few different baits but we just bring a lot of them.

... I'm surprised how many have sounded off on taking just a few. I do, too, but only on a shore bounce to do some quick testing. Outside that I'd say my bag, and backpack, carry upward of 40lb. It's pathetic, I know, but I want to catch fish not just try to. More often than not size does matter, color does too. I've seen days where target orientation is highly specific and little pisses me off more than knowing I have what they want at home.

couple years ago I would bring almost everything I had with me fishing from shore. This past year as I began swimbaiting I took less and less and someitme would want tocatch then a certain way and was deterined to do that that I would only bring one bait.