Lake of the Ozarks ?

fishinpunk

Trip planned for April 1-8

I've never been there before, I'll be staying in a rental house on the north side. I'm assuming bass will be in pre spawn, I've done some research but I figured I'd ask around here for any advice. Interested in lure size/style/color for swimbaits that you may use this time of year? Not asking for spots, thanks a lot!

But seriously, fish will be active and it's def a time of year you can catch a good one. Think soft swimmers like rising sons, hudds whatever. Secondary points leading to flats or feeder creeks should produce. Also, this lake produces on jigs all year long so don't go swimbaits only. What MM are you gonna be on? I might be able to give you a lil more detailed info. Such a fantastic lake, just sucks during summertime when all the crowds come in

But seriously, fish will be active and it's def a time of year you can catch a good one. Think soft swimmers like rising sons, hudds whatever. Secondary points leading to flats or feeder creeks should produce. Also, this lake produces on jigs all year long so don't go swimbaits only. What MM are you gonna be on? I might be able to give you a lil more detailed info. Such a fantastic lake, just sucks during summertime when all the crowds come in

That's sounds more like it! I'll be staying in Lick branch cove, not sure what mm at the moment.

+1 I don't get to fish LOZ that often, but during the time when everyone else is throwing jerkbaits, I've had some luck with swimbaits. Hudds and rising sons are excellent. I also fished a glide bait behind a buddy throwing a jerkbait. I didn't get many bites, but I caught the 2 biggest fish of the trip (this was 2 years ago now). Good luck!