Personal firsts - a double & first bass on a Deps!

FishDr

Yesterday I had a chance to finally get out to do some fishing, and was extremely glad to do so.  I came across a situation where the fish were stacked up, and hammered 10 bass in under 20 casts (like I said, the fish were stacked up in a pre-spawn situation).  The fish were between maybe 1.5 - 3.5 lbs, which is decent but not spectacular for Colorado.  What was cool was this...

I caught two fish on a single cast!  I've heard of this happening, I've seen video of it happen, but this time, I landed 2 bass (the big one was around 3 lbs) on the 9" Slammer!  If only they'd both been 5-pounders, then I could say I'd landed my first Colorado DD. :)

Slammer%20Double%20II_zpssjskhot5.jpg

I would have stayed at the spot and tried for a few more, but a shore angler walked up, set up right on the sweet spot and started fishing it.  I considered confronting him, even fired a couple of casts 30' past him to make the point that he was fishing an area I was fishing, and then decided it wasn't worth the BS, and kicked the pontoon to another spot.

That's where my second first for the day happened - I finally caught a bass on the Deps 175SS - I've caught walleye on the lure, but never a bass.  This one went 4.5 lbs, and I made sure the $@(*& who moved in on my original spot saw that I had caught a bass bigger than the ones he was now catching.

SS175%204-8_zpsqrhujm2r.jpg

So it was a great morning, even with the idiot on the bank, and the two firsts were pretty awesome.  Now I need to go back to night fishing to avoid the fools!