which hand to reel with

suicideswim9

Right hand dominant, cast with my right and reel with my left. I do have a couple right handed reels and I can catch fish with them as long as I don't have to work the bait, like a spook or jerkbait, with my left arm. 

Most people have no idea what what fine motor skills even are. My son has ASD that's why I was asking.

I always thought it to mean the coordination of small muscle movements, which is why it's hard to do things with your non dominant hand that are easy with your dominant, not because the muscles aren't strong enough but because they haven't learned to or can't coordinate properly to do that function. Like the circular pattern or turning a reel handle, I can't for the life of me do it with my left hand lol. 

.... And if your not double stroking with two hands you don't know what your missin hahahah

HAHAHA

I always thought it to mean the coordination of small muscle movements, which is why it's hard to do things with your non dominant hand that are easy with your dominant, not because the muscles aren't strong enough but because they haven't learned to or can't coordinate properly to do that function. Like the circular pattern or turning a reel handle, I can't for the life of me do it with my left hand lol. 

HAHAHA

I didn't think you were wrong just was surprised to see someone mention it...... And yes double strokes try it youll like it HAHAHA

Personally..being right handed..i rather have my dominate stronger arm/hand cast, aim, control the thumb bar, jig, rod twitch.. whatever I need.. while my dumb hand just spins in circles

I tried it casting right, switching hands and retrieving right and missed several frog bites on touch down because of mid hand swap.. Was lame..and since I too waved the fairy wand right handed it just feels better to retrieve on the same side..

But to each their own

Couldn't have said it better slant! I've missed many bites flipping while switching hands when i use to have right hand reels.

Right handed and I like to control the rod with my dominant hand, and just use the left to reel.  I like to think I'm fortunate that I got into baitcasters late, where there were plenty of left handed retrieve reel options where I didn't have to learn to cast and switch the rod between hands.

Years back there weren't many left hand casting reels. So it's just what feels normal. I feel like I'm more fluid and strong setting with my left although it's a rbsvky judr from years of repetition.

Personally..being right handed..i rather have my dominate stronger arm/hand cast, aim, control the thumb bar, jig, rod twitch.. whatever I need.. while my dumb hand just spins in circles

I try explaining this to my friends and they look at me like I'm crazy. Even had a friend tell me I was fishing wrong because he bought kVD's book and KVD says if you're right handed you should reel with your right hand.