Wading fail

Jetfisherjohn

''Tis the time of the month for the sub, I headed out today, confident as can be, knowing I have 2 places that hold fish that could win the sub any month. With that being said, my boat recently got stolen so I couldn't really access the fish in my favorite pond. So I bought my first pair of waders. Got out toward the edge of the weeds, (same thing I used the boat for since it's a small pond) and first impression was seeet. I can do the same thing with my waders as with my boat, I'm set. Make a few casts. Move. Make a few casts, then decide to walk about 50 yards, only to get stuck in silt and mud to my knee, lose my balance, and fall in, completely submerging myself. Worst part.. phone and digital scale are in my pocket, also underwater.

The only good news of the whole story, my phone and scale still work. Bad news, I left after 20 minutes to make sure my phone still worked. Pond: 1 Johnny:0 and still.. no fish to submit for this months sub either.

You guys ever had any similar experiences?

Whether its a bass pond, surf, or trout stream:  before the waders go on, the phone & wallet get put into ziplock sandwich bags.  It keeps that stuff dry even if the rest of me is wet.

and the good thing is you can still use the phone through the ziplock