Looking for motor boat help

nadinesmom

1985 evinrude 70 hp.

I have power coming from the powerpack into the three coils but no power leaving any of the three coils. Have replaced a coil in the off-chance that all three were bad, still no power leaving the coil and headed into the spark plug wire.

Anyone have any advice?

I recently had an ignition problem with my 2000 Johnson 90hp. The symptoms I had was once boat was fired up in the morning, it'll run just fine. The issue was intermitted and would happen every so often. So as the engine/day starts warming up, it'll start to sputter or power would cut out when I try to get up on plane. After much research, I found out that once "bad" coils heat up, theyll start cutting out. However, as I felt my motor could benefit from a tune up, I ended up replacing power pack, (2) coils, wires, plugs, and optical sensor. Now it runs pretty close to perfect. 

Basic stuff here, but try cleaning all your connections, grounds, or try relocating ground connection on your power pack.

Check out this link. These are ignition related replacement parts for your motor. You could click on individual parts for troubleshooting/install guides on each component. Or the general technical support is pretty helpful as well.  

http://www.cdielectronics.com/results/?b=Johnson%20Evinrude&y=1985&h=70&p=0

Link where I found out about heat and coils: 

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?46563-Johnson-outboard-help!!

Not sure if that helps or those are the exact symptoms you're having, but best of luck.