Peacock on the gantarel jr.

Cirosciortino

Peacock smoked the gantarel jr. and bent out the treble! Do these trebles need to be upgraded ? Anyone else have that happen!? 

If you upgraded them, any reccomendations on what kind to upgrade to??

A9DBBAC9-0195-4E83-9706-4EF587A46A8E.jpeg

20lb Seaguar abrazx flouro and I have my magnetic drag locked down and the star drag at about 1/2-3/4 tight. And thanks ! It pulled drag for about 30 seconds and then I reeled it in. And when I went to take the hook out I saw it had bent it out @bassbass

Edited by Cirosciortino
Tagged bassbass

@95ShelbyGt I really hadn’t started fishing for them much till I started swimbaiting.

they have been absolutely hammering all my swimbaits lately. They hit the swimbaits so hard  it’s like they are underwater torpedoes. One of these days I’ll wear my gopro and see if I can get one of their strikes on video it’s ridiculous aha

on the YouTube videos I was watching, it looked like they were NAILING topwater baits... They're beautiful fish... I have recently looked into doing a chartered trip down in FL but I realized that I don't need to pay someone to show me where they are because they're practically everywhere in the Orlando area... I will get down there one day... That is like one of my ultimate fishing goals 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 11:57 AM, 95ShelbyGt said:

on the YouTube videos I was watching, it looked like they were NAILING topwater baits... They're beautiful fish... I have recently looked into doing a chartered trip down in FL but I realized that I don't need to pay someone to show me where they are because they're practically everywhere in the Orlando area... I will get down there one day... That is like one of my ultimate fishing goals 

Dude there are none in Orlando, if you go there for peacocks you will be very disappointed. Tri-county area only Palm Beach, Broward & Miami Dade.

Hmm... I will have to look into that. I wouldn't know because I've never been to Orlando... I just go by what I see people say about them on YouTube videos and online forums.... either way, it's a trip I will probably only be able to dream about. Thanks though. 

• 2 months later...