savage gear 8" glide swimmer?

CG_Fishes

I'm looking for an 8" trout colored glide bait for under $30 and it seems that the savage gear is the best option, does anyone have any experience with this bait? if anyone has any other suggestions id love to hear them. thanks

The three baits that are around your budget that I’ve personally used are the Savage Gear, R2S Waver and Duel Ninja Glide.  

The trout pattern paint job leaves a lot to be desired on the savage gear however the bait itself is a fish catcher.

It’s heavier than the R2S S-Waver which means it works better in situations with current or when you need to probe depths. Plus I believe it’s a better glide action compared to a Waver. Stock hooks are legit so that’s a plus.

I’ve just recently been turned onto this bait and it’s replaced the Waver in my tackle bag. 

The colors of the Duel are very JDM and metallicy. They’re seem to be lighter than the other two on casts and have a decent glide. Color selection options go to the S-Waver.

Hope this helps. 

2 hours ago, Capt1fish said:

The three baits that are around your budget that I’ve personally used are the Savage Gear, R2S Waver and Duel Ninja Glide.  

The trout pattern paint job leaves a lot to be desired on the savage gear however the bait itself is a fish catcher.

It’s heavier than the R2S S-Waver which means it works better in situations with current or when you need to probe depths. Plus I believe it’s a better glide action compared to a Waver. Stock hooks are legit so that’s a plus.

I’ve just recently been turned onto this bait and it’s replaced the Waver in my tackle bag. 

The colors of the Duel are very JDM and metallicy. They’re seem to be lighter than the other two on casts and have a decent glide. Color selection options go to the S-Waver.

Hope this helps. 

thanks, i would love to get an 8" waver in lite trout but as a 16 y/o i just cant justify a $45 bait, if i could ever find it under $30 on here id snatch it up quick tho, anyways sounds like im gonna be going with the savage gear, thanks again for the advice

I remember being 16 and obsessed with bass fishing, so Ican relate. As an adult now, I’m happy to see you engaged in fishing. I know it’ll guide you in life  

I’ll send you one of my used lite trouts as a Christmas present. Send me $7 for postage. PP friends and family to capt1fish@yahoo.com and make sure you have an address for me. 

28 minutes ago, Capt1fish said:

I remember being 16 and obsessed with bass fishing, so Ican relate. As an adult now, I’m happy to see you engaged in fishing. I know it’ll guide you in life  

I’ll send you one of my used lite trouts as a Christmas present. Send me $7 for postage. PP friends and family to capt1fish@yahoo.com and make sure you have an address for me. 

wow, i really appreciate that, idk if ill be able to do that though, ill let you know by tonight, this just shows how amazing the swimbait community and fishing community is in general

39 minutes ago, Capt1fish said:

I'll pp you the $7 dollars so this kid can get a Waver.

10 minutes ago, CG_Fishes said:

wow, i really appreciate that, idk if ill be able to do that though, ill let you know by tonight, this just shows how amazing the swimbait community and fishing community is in general

Go ahead and send him your address when you get a chance.

8 minutes ago, dinkslayer said:

Go ahead and send him your address when you get a chance.

will do, thank you so much this is truly amazing and so generous

when i get the chance in the future i will make sure to pay it forward

5 minutes ago, CG_Fishes said:

will do, thank you so much this is truly amazing and so generous

when i get the chance in the future i will make sure to pay it forward

You're welcome buddy. Its the least I could do but I know youll stick some nice ones on it, I recognize your name from fishbrain, we fish the same lakes.

16 minutes ago, dinkslayer said:

You're welcome buddy. Its the least I could do but I know youll stick some nice ones on it, I recognize your name from fishbrain, we fish the same lakes.

yeah, i thought i recognized your name, weve got some good fishing around here, again i cant thank you enough

5 hours ago, CG_Fishes said:

but as a 16 y/o i just cant justify a $45 bait

I said the same thing 6 months ago, i am 17. I have already purchased 2 or 3 1xx baits. One being a roman made nego :) now i spend most my money buying lure making materials. Working on my first resin bait now. 

Goodluck and those wavers catch fish! This place is filled with great people, just like @dinkslayer 

Goodluck out there!

Just now, VolunteerSwimbaits said:

I said the same thing 6 months ago, i am 17. I have already purchased 2 or 3 1xx baits. One being a roman made nego :) now i spend most my money buying lure making materials. Working on my first resin bait now. 

Goodluck and those wavers catch fish! This place is filled with great people, just like @dinkslayer 

Goodluck out there!

hahaha no kidding, my problem is that my parents dont really support me spending $20+ on a bait still i get out and kill em, this community is great