Sunline Reaction FC for mid size swimbaits?

cjtoad

Have any of you guys tried the Reaction FC for 1oz to 4oz swimbaits yet? Just ordered a spool of 16lbs for one of my swimbait rods. Usually stay away from FC for swimbaits, but the extra strech in the Reaction line might work.

I haven't used it on swimbaits, but I love it for cranks. I have fully committed to big baits though. I could see it being a decent line for hudds. I mean Ken himself uses 100% flouro. But yeah, I really like the line. Very little memory and just slightly more stretch than the FC Sniper.

I would go as thick as they come. I purchased a couple spools of #14 for cranking and they look as thin as 10 lbs. Sunline always have thinner diameters but this compared to my Metan Green #14, Reaction is a lot thinner and very noticeable.

I would go as thick as they come. I purchased a couple spools of #14 for cranking and they look as thin as 10 lbs. Sunline always have thinner diameters but this compared to my Metan Green #14, Reaction is a lot thinner and very noticeable.

I'm confused. Are you saying that having a larger line diameter is more important than the # test? Also, when you are saying "noticeable" are you referring to the diameter or the line in the water?

16lb test from one manufacturer isn't the same as 16lb test from another.

For the most part, Japanese brands will rate their lines at a lb test rating based on a straight pull of the line. And for example, that Trilene 100% sold as 17lb, will break at about 17lb at the knot.

Sunlines 16lb is like the same diameter as 10-12lb Trilene. Their 20lb. is thinner than 15lb Trilene fluoro.

If you're shopping for line it's a lot easier to pay attention to the actual line diameter rather than lb. test marked on the box.

I'm confused. Are you saying that having a larger line diameter is more important than the # test? Also, when you are saying "noticeable" are you referring to the diameter or the line in the water?

Sorry for the confusion, when I say noticeable i mean as in diameter. Holding the two in the palm of my hands Reaction diameter is a lot thinner than Metan both in #14.