Big hard bait storage

Kititas

I use these Okuma Nomad large bait wraps. They are not the best for long term storage, but for keeping big stuff in the boat organized, I like em. I have one for glides and one for gills/freestyles. Also use the Flambeau or Plano deep hard boxes for certain baits that aren't tail sensitive.  I don't have any of the large individual padded bait wraps, but I know a lot of guys like them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Okuma-Nomad-Lure-Wraps-Full-Wrap-Sz11-/143033615581

I would say if you are switching out 250s ur not dialed in. It usually stays on my rod if I am throwing it. Long pencil boxes hold 2 or 3 baits and work great for temporary storage. At home extra long milk crates are a go-to for keeping baits on deck high and dry. 

Edited by bigpoppabass

On the go: I use a Husky pouch ( Like the one @thastickybandit mentioned), but only for baits that have hard tails. And for my other baits i use pouches of the largest size of the eye surrender cut in 2 halfs to store 4 large baits in half of a eye surrender( For a total of 8 baits), or several smaller baits. Although pouches like the eye surrender don't protect 100% of the baits soft tail from getting bent. And i also use the swimbait wraps that Hiroshima customs has. 

I started with the same bag as StriperAddict, but after dropping a few baits down in the bottom and getting a hook snagged in the side of the bag because the bonnet fell off. I went and bought 4 Plano 705 XL prolatch boxes from TW for $8.50 each, then I ordered a third sheet of 1 1/2" egg crate foam from foamfactory.com for $12 and some two face tape (each box was $12 each total). I put a piece in the bottom and fastened a piece to the lid this will hold a single layer of baits super secure, without worrying about them getting beat all to hell. You could even toss them in a storage bin of your boat without having to worry about them bouncing all around. I'll attach a couple pics of them to give you an idea of how much each one holds. Also if using the bag that StriperAddict is using it will hold three of these boxes and zipper up, thats what I'm using I just tossed out the rack thing it comes with.

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087 (1).jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

Edited by MDBowhunter

4 minutes ago, MDBowhunter said:

I started with the same bag as StriperAddict, but after dropping a few baits down in the bottom and getting a hook snagged in the side of the bag because the bonnet fell off. I went and bought 4 Plano 705 XL prolatch boxes from TW for $8.50 each, then I ordered a third sheet of 1 1/2" egg crate foam from foamfactory.com for $12 and some two face tape (each box was $12 each total). I put a piece in the bottom and fastened a piece to the lid this will hold a single layer of baits super secure, without worrying about them getting beat all to hell. You could even toss them in a storage bin of your boat without having to worry about them bouncing all around. I'll attach a couple pics of them to give you an idea of how much each one holds. Also if using the bag that StriperAddict is using it will hold three of these boxes and zipper up, thats what I'm using I just tossed out the rack thing it comes with.

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087 (1).jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

I'm so going to do this too, i love this method lol It holds the bait firm enough that they won't bounce around as you walk?

Edited by Neill Hernandez

I copied the box design that many people on here use, cheap and easy and work good at keeping baits straight and undamaged. Picked up one of the plano kryptek wraps last year because they are very affordable and I like it a lot better than the box. The wrap stores a ton of baits if you double up which theres enough room for in each pouch, rolls up and stores better than the big box, and its all mesh so you baits can dry even if rolled up. The box design is better for soft baits (hudds, mags) any bait that you are worried about the tail getting screwed up.  I plan on buying more of the wraps in the future.

Swimbox.jpg

Bait Wrap.jpg

picplanowrap1.jpg