Treble connection

M.Krys860

On a soft split ring your treble can twist several full revolutions while on a regular split ring you might only get half to one full turn of your treble.  They are easy to tie and the fish don't have near the leverage on your lure.  I use them on a few things to increase my land ratio on lures that are notorious for getting thrown. 

I tie them like this, but i tie my first overhand knot and then dot a little super glue on a tooth pick and then apply the smallest amount of super glue that I can to the knot.  Then I lock in my second overhand knot into that glue.  You want to use as little glue as possible to keep it clean and not glue it to anything and still keep your system freely moving and not hardened up by excess super glue.

Edited by morgantm16

1 hour ago, M.Krys860 said:

Pe assist line is what I see in most of the videos. I'm thinking about trying it on my nego and deps

Ive seen that video before too, I'm just not too hyped up on using something that bulky.  I like the idea of my connection from hook hanger to hook being one piece.  I guess I don't like that its two parts between what would be your soft split ring and thread to tie it on.  Both ideas have been a little questionable to me, they both could slip.  The video I sent I have at least tried on a few lures with increased landing ratio and no fails yet. It still scares me thinking its not a metal split ring and how that knot is tied, but I've also seen enough junk split rings on some lures that I guess makes me think its still better than some split rings haha.  Also I have a ton of 65 pound braid that I won't use on a rod, so I have plenty of material for that method.

Edited by morgantm16