Crank down hard bait recommendations

Danny Frandsen

Does anyone have any crank down hard bait recommendations? I fish mostly the Mississippi River and A few smaller lakes that are just as muddy. I don’t fish anywhere much deeper that 12 feet. I have a toxic baits wake n crank and a bgc 6 inch crank down gill on the way. I was a huge fan of square bill and jerk baits when I fished just conventional gear

I'm a fan of the crankdown.  Aside from the WNC I like my hoggs, 316 crankdown hyper herring and bullshad 4x4 (thats a real sleeper bait).  I have mixed experiences with the RM Lipped Trick and DRT Tiny Klash.  Had two tricks, great baits, subtle swim on a steady retrieve, good on a stop and go retrieve and could get em to dance real well with some handle work.  Problem was durability, they both had tails that fell out and needed replacing (RMUSA sent me a couple) and one lost its lip, that and the ease in which they rash but thats inherent in most wood baits.  The TK....lip fell out working it off of rock structure first time I fished it, took forever to find a replacement lip, will probably never buy another drt bait.

Sounds like you got a pair of good baits already, I'd just fish those before buying others.  WNC is a real versatile bait.