Anyone from Nashville Area? Thinking of moving. How's swimbaiting/fishing?

DanD-Jigs

Hey SU crew, 

I'm living in Nor-Cal and thinking of moving back to Nashville (I lived there ten years ago). I remember the fishing being pretty good, but ten years is a long time away. I wasn't into throwing big baits back when I lived there, I pretty much just threw a jig and a crankbait all year. 

I would really appreciate some info on swimbait fishing in the area and on fishing middle Tennessee in general. 

Feel free to post comments, send me a DM or if you want to text/call I'd love to hear from you 2(zero)8-818-694(six). I'm planning a trip June 15-17 to visit with the wife and would love to meet up if anyone is willing to show me around, I could probably fish for a few hours while she checked out some things she's interested in. 

Thanks in advance for your input. 

- Daniel 

Dan I live just outside of Nashville....about 45 miles south. Middle TN is a great place for people that like to fish. If you move to Nashville, you obviously have all of the Nashville lakes in close proximity as well as KY Lake, Barkley, Wilson, Wheeler, Pickwick, Center Hill, and Nickajack all within very reasonable drives. All of the lakes are fishing pretty good with the exception of Barkley and KY lake. There's a struggle here with Asian carp and years of bad spawns, but that's a different story. As far as the swimbait fishing goes, it is good here for the majority of the time. Fish here bite hudds, bull shads, ploppers, glides, and more here regularly. You may have to adjust tactics here a bit, as what is clear water to us may be stained or nasty depending on where you're coming from in California. The fishing around here is generally pretty good throughout the entire year with certain lakes turning on at different times. If you did decide to make the move, the fishing opportunities here are pretty good with lots of diversity. 

Dan I think you'd be happy with the fishing opportunities in Middle TN. Like I said I live a little south of Nashville, but from a watershed standpoint, it's a great place to be with close proximity to a lot of good fisheries that all vary from each other. If a person doesn't mind driving about an hour to an hour and a half, there are 11 different lakes in that could fit in that time for driving.