Saltwater Hudds

wnighswonger

Hey i live down in seal beach and I was wondering, Does anybody throw huddlestons in saltwater? i have a 6 inch trout hudd that actually looks a lot like a sardine. The 68 specials are going on sale on the 3rd ans i was gonna get 1 or two and was wondering if anyone ever throws them in saltwater. So, if you do, please let me know the success and what color/type of huud you use...

Thanks!!

yah i mean the 68's go on sale in 2 days and i was gonna get the bass color cuz it kinda looks like a sardine and with that bait i'm thinking 2 things, Halibut,and CCCOOODDDAAA!!!!!

...68s were never made in bass. Check the huddbaits website to see the colors available.

Why buy a $20 bait when you can throw a $1 big hammer or MC?

+1 why throw a Hudd for cuda, just throw the iron.

Sounds like a good way to get a $20 bait bit in half with no prize at the other end.

Iron is a better option.

well #1 went fishing yesterday off of a jetty caught a halibut with it it came off when i tried to bring it up and there was barely a scratch and halibut have teeth and #2 iron doesn't work for me ever the only thing that works sometimes are krocodiles

i think what they're getting at is that you don't usually need the detail of a hudd in the salt so why waste the extra bucks throwing it there. If you want to throw something with a hudd profile though, you could get a cheap knockoff. I could see that bigger profile getting a big calico bite at the islands or something, give it a shot.

If it's something you just want to and/or have to try, just out curiosity or just to say you did it, then go for it, but expect the bait to only last a fish or two. Even calicos will rip it apart. Like mentioned above, BH or MC's are a much better choice and they will likely eat them better.

I would have to disagree that you don't need the detail of a hudd in saltwater. I have spent plenty of days at the island where there was next to no current and I couldn't get bit on plastic to save my life. A hudd might be the ticket on a day like that. It may seem a little pricey but that's fishing.

The bait will probably get torn up pretty fast but that doesn't stop people from throwing hudds around pike and musky right? That's what Mend-it and 3:16 glue is for. Let him try it and see what happens.

This is the bait that I can't wait to throw for flatties and spotted bay bass when I get back to cali. Looks just like a stupid smelt.

PTSFSB-LHT-1.jpg

I throw the Hudd in saltwater because I believe in the bait. Just like the 3:16 baits, sure I know I'm gonna lose them or they get all jacked up, but I have confidence they'll get the job done. If I'm not catching on them, I know I'm doing something wrong, I'm not fishing the right tide,etc..I know it's not the bait