Coastal Lures 5” Parrain Swimbait

chefchris

*Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this company, it’s owners or products, and was not compensated in anyway for this review or use of the product. 

This is a first impression of the bait and overall design and customer service. 

Was able to pick these up this past weekend from Coastal Lures. Had been seeing em on IG and FB and thought the design was unique. I’m not a fan of waiting on drops/batches but just happen to check out the site and grabbed the last two packs, got lucky. 

Bait is 5” and weighs .92oz (weighed on a certified gram scale) 

I rigged mine on a 6/0 1/4oz beast hook, with the hook bait weighs 1.15oz. They recommend a 5/0 or 6/0 hook. Head is solid enough to support the corkscrew without worry. The head also has a faint center like which helped get the screw lock in the right position. 

Bait is hand injected and hand painted, is also clear dipped to the first hole in the bait about 2/3 of the bait is dipped, you can see it in the pics. The clear is about a dime or penny thickness depending on the area of the bait. 

The color of this one is simply “purple baitfish” figured it would be a good match for our herring and other baitfish here in New England. 

They have a garlic scent to help mask any plastic/paint smell, it definitely doesn’t smell like paint at all! 

Deep hook pocket, holographic eyes, nice details on the fins/body and tail. 

Had messaged the owner Aaron on IG about some questions/rigging and he was polite/prompt and answered all my questions. He use to make these baits just for himself and friends and people saw em on FB and started requesting them and he started making them available to the public. He has a 7” in the works too. 

Its a unique bait, with the tail design, holes in the body to add action and the clear dip on the first 2/3 of the bait which adds shine and makes the bait more durable. 

They were $12 for a 2 pack. Shipping was a few bucks and had em in 2 days. 

I’ll be out fishing em this weekend and will get some video and hopefully some fish on em. I’ll update the post by Monday. 

Thanks

-Chef 

0ACA9207-0ADD-40AE-8AF0-E570F175C6EF.jpeg

C7696CC9-96DA-4DB1-B0CE-C1F3B988AA9E.jpeg

26D42217-115B-48D4-9121-64DBF566761F.jpeg

FA7176AC-86B9-4B33-87AC-84CB4CB20D48.jpeg

01EB66C2-CC33-42E8-ADD0-46AC408F58CC.jpeg

4A29FB9F-994D-42D1-9FAE-E0FD939F97E5.jpeg

6F23DF7B-B725-44D2-851A-D99D6FF32633.jpeg

68135A58-6171-43BF-A227-9BDD5ADB0289.jpeg

EB515D5D-078A-47DC-BDF0-264758238DD7.jpeg

24B95C78-1DB0-485A-87C1-C1552023D96D.jpeg

4 hours ago, Hmoob said:

Any videos on the bait?? Very interested

yes, ill throw one up today, got some footage of it next to the boat, swims at all speeds and can burn em without blowing out 

11 hours ago, Hmoob said:

Niiiiiceeeee appreciate the video footage!!! Guess I'll be waiting fir the next drop haha

no problem man, glad to post it.

@Hmoob    i have an extra 2 pack if you're interested, also have an extra 6/0 owner beast hook to go with em, send me a message if you're interested 

8 hours ago, chefchris said:

no problem man, glad to post it.

@Hmoob    i have an extra 2 pack if you're interested, also have an extra 6/0 owner beast hook to go with em, send me a message if you're interested 

Thanks appreciate the offer, but  I'll be waiting for the drop of the ghost rainbow.  Thanks though